Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;

through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

Proverbs 24:3-4

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sam's 1st birthday!

Happy birthday, Sam... you are 1 year old today! YAY!!!


Oh my... how time flies. I can't believe you are 1 already. It seems like yesterday I was holding your small, newborn body in my arms for the first time. You have blossomed before my very eyes and you continue to change every day! It's hard to keep up!

I wanted to take a minute just to write a little bit about your first year and what you are up to these days. First of all... you adore your mama! I'm not just saying that because I AM your mama... honestly, you really are quite attached. I can hardly leave the room. If I do sneak out, it doesn't take long for you to notice and start showing your discontent. It may sound like I'm complaining... but, I'm not. I love the way you love me, baby!

Let's not leave Daddy out... you rather adore him as well. As soon as he walks in the door you start squeeling and kicking your legs and cannot wait to get in his arms! Then, you just look at me like, "Ha, ha! I've got my daddy now!" He has started taking you out on the front porch swing in the evenings because you LOVE to swing. So, now, as soon as he gets home and picks you up, your sweet, little finger points to the door.


You have 4 teeth - 2 on bottom and 2 on top. You eat regular food with us, but you also still eat some baby food. Your favorite is yogurt. You still nurse quite a bit, so I guess it's time to start cutting back. You want to nurse when you first wake up, when you're tired, when you're hungry, when you're thirsty, when you're hurt, etc., etc., etc.! Soooo... definitely need to find a way to distract you with something else some of those times. It's not going to be easy, but I know we can do it. ;)

You smile a lot... but hardly ever for the camera! I act like a crazy person when I take your picture trying to get you to laugh, but mostly I just get what we call, "the elvis lip." Your top lip just comes up enough to show your teeth, but it's not really a smile. It's still cute, though.


You LOVE to play with your brothers. They are very good playmates and they love to play with you, too. They love to make you smile and laugh so they are constantly tickling you. They always want to kiss you and hug you, especially before you go to bed. They try to teach you about legos and transformers and race cars... and they've been pretty successful. You already push around your tonka truck and make a car vroom sound.



Oh, and you are into everything! You love to explore. You are not walking yet, but it won't be long! You crawl very fast and you walk along the furniture. You can stand on your own and you take 1 or 2 steps before sitting. I have to keep a constant eye on you, which is not an easy task, and one I must say I have failed a time or two... like the time I caught you eating dog bones. (Sorry, Sam, had to post it!)


You can say a few words. Your first one was "Dada" and it's still one of your favorites. You say "Baba" for Mama. You also say Uh-oh, hey there, and thank you - which sounds more like, um, dane doo.  You squeel VERY loudly when you want something... mostly another bite. You love to make funny noises brushing your finger across your lips. It's very funny to watch, you crack yourself up!


We are so thankful for you, sweet boy. We love you so very much and you are such an amazing blessing. You are so much fun to be around and I am looking forward to seeing you flourish even more in your 2nd year! HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment