Proverbs 24:3-4

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established;

through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures.

Proverbs 24:3-4

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Our family worship play!

Chris and I started doing a nightly family worship time with the boys not too long ago.  We started in Genesis (and we are still in Genesis).  We knew we would have to keep it short and sweet since they are still so young, but we didn't realize how big of a challenge keeping their focus even for a very short period of time would be.  They fidget, look around, touch each other, snicker, etc., etc., etc.  It usually takes both of us correcting them the whole time. 

Chris wasn't home last night and I tried to do it on my own, and after about 4 minutes of Dylan running around and not listening to me telling him to sit down over and over again, the baby screaming, and Connor's attention completely focused on all of this commotion, guess what I did... gave up!  I knew that if I wanted to try this again and be successful, I needed a plan!  And, not just for tonight, but going forward... something to keep their attention and get them involved.

Tonight's lesson was on Pharaoh putting Joseph in charge of all of Egypt (Genesis 41:41-57).  So, I had them act it out and we did it earlier so they weren't as tired and we could do it outside.  There were a few hiccups, but overall I think it went much better than it normally does.  This picture is of Connor (Pharaoh) putting a necklace, as well as a robe and ring, on Dylan (Joseph).  Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment